Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, March 1, 2009



Snowshoe Ski Trip 2009

We recently took a trip to Snowshoe, WV Feb 19-23, 2009. It was an absolutely awesome trip with several of our friends. We were able to ski two days in what definitely seemed like a blizzard to me-and in 4 degree weather-CRAZY!!!! I guess we aren't really used to that kind of weather here in Alabama. It was a LONG drive-11 hours to be exact but definitely worth it. DJ and I really enjoy skiing. I just wish I could keep up with him. He went down a black diamond slope called the Widowmaker-it was straight down. I was a little uneasy about the name. He waited until I got to the bottom to go down but I was really impressed he looked like a professional and didn't even fall once. This was our first time to ski in "real" snow. We've always gone to Gatlinburg before. Jody said that the snow was just as powdery as it was out west. I hope that we are able to go back next year and ski a couple more days-I'm definitely going to try my hand at snowboarding then. We also were able to get up close and personal with some of the deer who came right up to our back porch looking for food. I've attached some pics below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers