Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's A Boy!!!!!

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a little late posting...by about a week, but Last Wednesday, DJ and I went to the doctor for my 18 week ultrasound. It's so amazing to see how much our sweet baby has grown since we last "saw" him at 12 weeks. He's definately going to be a big boy. Most of the books I've read say that at 18 weeks, babies typically weigh between 6 and 7 ounces...but not ours...he's already a pound!!! So far he's been right on track. At our last two ultrasounds, when I was 7 weeks and 1 day, so was he, and when I was 12 weeks, so was he. This time, his body wasn't measuring 18 weeks but rater 19 weeks and 4 days. Throughout the whole precedure, I was beaming...he was precious....and let me tell you, very active as well. He would kick both of his little legs as hard as he could and everytime the ultrasound tech pressed down on my stomach, he started punching at the wand. She was sure to let me know how much that would hurt when he got bigger. I can feel him move now but its more like lots of little flutters-especially when I lay down. Something else that I was unaware of is that they record your ultrasounds on a dvd for you...so cool. Now we have the best keepsake of our baby boy waving, sucking his thumb, kicking, and punching. I will be sure to post a picture of him on here soon...Still working ona name for him but I will post that as soon as we decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers